Benefits Check Tools
- Entiltled to allows you to work out what you may be able to claim via a benefit calculator.
- Turn2us is a national charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.
- Financial help for parent carers of disabled children: Help if you have a disabled child - GOV.UK
- Financial help for disabled adults: Financial help if you're disabled - GOV.UK
- Financial help for carers: Benefits and financial support if you're caring for someone - GOV.UK
Local Benefits Advice Providers
Unfortunately, Croydon Council no longer provides a Welfare Rights Service. You can use Croydon's Benefits Calculator to see what you might be entitled to and how to make a claim.
Age UK Croydon
Age UK Croydon has an Information and Advice service providing confidential information, advice and advocacy for adults living in the London Borough of Croydon, including those with care and support needs, irrespective of their health condition or disability, and their families, carers and professionals working with them. Support offered includes:
- Welfare benefits
- Self-help support
- Housing advice
- Health, social and community care
- Signposting to local services
Citizens Advice Croydon
Citizen Advice Croydon is part of the Citizens Advice National Adviceline, 0800 144 88 48 (freephone), open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm for benefits advice.
The Universal Credit Help to Claim Service, 0800 144 8444 (freephone) is open Mon-Fri, 8am-6pm. Advisers can help you with the early stages of your Universal Credit claim from the application through to first payment. Trained advisers can help to:
- set up your Universal Credit account
- complete your claim to-dos
- verify your identity
- make sure you’re providing the right evidence to the Jobcentre
- understand what Universal Credit will mean for you
See also: What we do — Citizens Advice Croydon
See also: Croydon Mencap Support Service
Macmillan Welfare Benefits Advice Service South West London
This is a partnership between Citizens Advice Croydon, Citizens Advice Wandsworth and Macmillan to provide benefits and money advice for people living with cancer. The service offers one-to-one sessions with specialist advisers to help you identify the benefits you are entitled to, as well as filling in the forms. They can also help you access debt management support and make you aware of other help that may be available. Grants from Macmillan Cancer Support may also be available. These are one-off payments designed to help people on low incomes meet unexpected costs.
Tel: 020 7042 0332, Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 5pm . Please do not use this number unless you are a cancer patient, their carer or a family member.
Mind in Croydon
See also: Benefits Help – Mind in Croydon
Local Debt Advice Providers
South West London Law Centres has a Money Advice Service with expert advisers who can work with you to solve a range of money problems, including debt. Get in touch by completing the contact form or by calling 020 8667 9252. See also: Money Advice — South West London Law Centres