Croydon Council has a wealth of information on its website regarding local support.
Suggestions for Carers
We are aware that carers may be particularly worried about the impact of coronavirus. For your own peace of mind, we suggest you take the following steps:
- Put an emergency plan into place, and share it with relevant individuals or organisations, such as social services. You can download our carers' emergency plan and guidance sheet. Please don't send a copy to us, as we cannot be an emergency contact.
- Get a carer’s emergency card from us. The card shows you are a carer and has space to write down an emergency contact number.
- If you care for someone who is vulnerable and need additional support, contact Croydon Adult Social Care on 020 8726 6500.
- There is a lot of information in the media and on social media sites about coronavirus, but not all of it is reliable. Please check GOV.UK and NHS England for official updates and guidance.
- If you care for someone with dementia, read Alzheimer's Society's information.
- There are special arrangements for people claiming welfare benefits. See more information on the GOV.UK website.
- If you need financial help or you are experiencing hardship, Croydon Council has information on sources of support. Turn2Us has a guide on coronavirus and benefits.
- As well as making practical plans, your own wellbeing is very important. Mind has information on how to look after your mental wellbeing at this time.
- If you care for someone with a learning disability, you can download Easy Read information on COVID 19 and Makaton.
Support Outside of Croydon
Live outside of Croydon? We've listed sources of carers support in neighbouring boroughs. If your area isn't listed, search for your local organisation using the Carers UK local directory.