Government updates coronavirus carer guidance
The government has published new carer guidance on coronavirus in June 2021. We strongly encourage you to read the guidance and share the information with any carers you know.
NHS Croydon has also published the latest updates regarding the vaccination programme.
Carers Support Centre drop-in closed
Following the updated government guidance on coronavirus, the Carers Support Centre is currently closed to the public.
We are still here to support Croydon's carers
Please rest assured that you can still get in touch with us by phone or email:
Information & Advice: 020 8649 9339, option 1 | email@example.com
Parent Carer/EHCP Advice: firstname.lastname@example.org
Health & Wellbeing Service: 020 8663 5674 | email@example.com
Carer's Assessments Service: 020 8663 5664 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Advice Surgeries: 020 8663 5608 |email@example.com
Carers Respite Service/Bereavement Support: 020 8649 6280 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Room/Office Rental: email@example.com
Carers Support Centre Management: 020 8649 6284 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We know many people are finding it harder to make ends meet at this time, but the Carers Information Service is here to help.
If you are financially struggling, have a caring role (look after a friend, family member or neighbour who relies on you for help due to illness, disability or old age), and live in Croydon, please email email@example.com.
Support outside of Croydon
Live outside of Croydon? We've listed sources of carers support in neighbouring boroughs. If your area isn't listed, search for your local organisation using the Carers UK local directory.
Carers Support Merton
020 8646 7515 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sutton Carers Centre
020 8296 5611 | email@example.com
Adult Carers: 020 3886 0970 | Working Carers: 07393 091 610
Young Carers: firstname.lastname@example.org
0300 330 9039 | email@example.com
Carers’ Hub Lambeth
020 7501 8970 | firstname.lastname@example.org
020 7708 4497 | email@example.com
East Surrey Carers Support Association (ESCSA)
01888 745 057 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Action For Carers (Surrey)
0303 040 1234 | 07714 075 993 (text)
Advice for carers
We are also aware that carers may be particularly worried about the impact of coronavirus. For your own peace of mind, we suggest you take the following steps:
1) Put an emergency plan into place, and share it with relevant individuals or organisations, such as social services. You can download our carers' emergency plan and guidance sheet. Please don't send a copy to us, as we cannot be an emergency contact.
2) If you care for someone who is extremely vulnerable to coronavirus, register for support on GOV.UK. Call the Croydon Council helpline on 020 8604 7787 if you need urgent support.
3) Get a carer’s emergency card from us. The card shows you are a carer and has space to write down an emergency contact number.
5) Check the Carers UK website for the latest guidance for carers.
7) If you care for someone with dementia, read Alzheimer's Society's information.
8) There are special arrangements for people claiming welfare benefits. See more information on the GOV.UK website.
10) As well as making practical plans, your own wellbeing is very important. Mind has information on how to look after your mental wellbeing at this time.