The Carers Information Service offers information, advice and support to carers who either live in or care for someone who lives in the London Borough of Croydon. A carer looks after a friend, family member or neighbour who needs their help due to illness, disability or old age. The care they provide is unpaid.
We also run the Carers Support Centre, the one stop shop for carers in Croydon. Come and find us at 24 George Street, Croydon CR0 1PB (opposite George Street tram stop) - see a map. Open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 10am-1pm for drop-ins. Telephone support available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
We are part of John Whitgift Foundation and receive funding from Croydon Council. All of our services for carers are free.
Support for Carers in Croydon
- Information and Advice Service
- Carer’s Assessment Service
- Health and Wellbeing Service
- Carers Training Service
- Carers Respite Service
- Drop-in Carers Café
- Bereavement Service
- Carers Support Centre membership and registration as a carer in Croydon.
- Emergency carers plan
- Special events for carers, including Carers Week and Carers Rights Day.
- Radar keys (£3 each, max of two per person) available to purchase from the Carers Support Centre.