About the Carers' Information Service - informing carers in Croydon
The Carers' Information Service provides information, advice and support to unpaid carers in Croydon looking after someone who needs their help due to illness, disability or old age. We run the Carers Support Centre in Croydon town centre, the one stop shop for carers in Croydon.
How we help carers in Croydon
- Drop-in information, advice and support from an advice worker at the Carers Support Centre (Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm).
- A comprehensive information and advice service.
- Free workshops on practical and self-development topics including Managing Sleep, Positive Communication and much more.
- Regular specialist advice surgeries on benefits, debt and legal advice.
- Casework support for carers with more complex situations.
- Emergency Carers Cards to give carers peace of mind.
- Fun and relaxing wellbeing events including massage, singing, dance, book discussion and craft sessions.
- Local discounts for carers with the free Carers Support Centre membership card.
- Useful publications for carers and professionals who support them, including the How To... A Guide for Carers in Croydon, telling you everything you need to know as a carer in Croydon.
- Quarterly newsletter and regular e-bulletin to help you stay up-to-date with the latest news and events.
- Special events for carers including the annual Carers' Information Day and Carers Week.
- Radar keys for disabled toilet access on sale for £3 at the Carers Support Centre.
Am I a carer?
A carer provides unpaid, informal support to a family member, friend, partner or neighbour who needs help due to illness, disability or old age. You do not need to be registered, provide full-time care or receive Carer's Allowance to be a carer. There are over 33,000 carers in the London Borough of Croydon alone.
Get in touch
The Carers' Information Service is based at the Carers Support Centre. You can find the Carers Support Centre in Croydon town centre at 24 George Street, Croydon CR0 1PB (opposite George Street tram stop) - see a map.
Not able to visit in person? Give us a call on 020 8649 9339, option 1 or email email@example.com.